skip to navigationskip to main content

Practice News

How do I pay my Tax bill?

The Revenue offer various ways of paying your tax bill and we have listed these with the links below. Your Unique Taxpayer Reference number (UTR number) is a ten-digit number that can be found on documents from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), such as: Your previous tax return, Notices to file a tax return or on your Open Space…Read More

Chancellor announces top-up grants for some businesses 5th January 2021

Businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors are to receive a one-off grant worth up to £9,000, the chancellor has announced. It follows Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement on Monday night that these business will be closed until at least February half-term in order to help control the virus. The cash is provided on…Read More

Practice Opening Hours from 5th January 2021

Due to the currently uncertain situation we will be operating reduced hours over the coming weeks in order to allow our employees to work from home. We are still working on accounts and returns and will continue to provide services to all our clients both existing and new. However, we will be making much more…Read More

Furlough Scheme Extended

The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme has been extended for a month with employees receiving 80% of their current salary for hours not worked JOB RETENTION SCHEME This extended Job Retention Scheme will operate as the previous scheme did, with businesses being paid upfront to cover wages costs. There will be a short period when we…Read More

Self-Employed Grant 3

The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme Grant Extension provides critical support to the self-employed in the form of two grants, each available for three month periods covering November 2020 to January 2021 and February 2021 to April 2021. 1. Who can claim To be eligible for the Grant Extension self-employed individuals, including members of partnerships, must: have…Read More

NHS Test and Trace support payment

From 28 September, if you receive a positive COVID-19 test result or are told by the NHS to self-isolate because of close contact with someone who has COVID-19, you may be eligible for a £500 lump sum. The Government has announced the new Test and Trace Support Payment for people on a low income who…Read More

More help for businesses is on its way

For those business based in Dorset please see the following press release from Dorset County Council. For those that come under other councils please check your local websites for details: Following the Government announcement on 1 May about a top up grant for businesses that are not eligible for other grants, the guidance to local…Read More

New ‘top-up’ grants available for left-out firms

Although how to claim and who is eligible are yet to be announced, further details will be published here as soon as we can. The new discretionary ‘top-up’ fund caters for small businesses with ongoing fixed property costs. The kinds of businesses that may now qualify for help include those in shared workspace offices, regular market traders…Read More

Apply for a coronavirus Bounce Back Loan

This scheme is not available yet. It will launch on 4 May 2020. The Bounce Back Loan scheme will help small and medium-sized businesses to borrow between £2,000 and £50,000. The government will guarantee 100% of the loan and there won’t be any fees or interest to pay for the first 12 months. Loan terms…Read More

Small Business Grant Fund or Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund

The portal for registering your application for the above grant is now open on the Dorset For You website please see the link below. If you need any help with any of the details please let us know either by email or calling the office during office hours. You will need your Premises Rateable…Read More

Self Employed

Claim a grant through the coronavirus (COVID-19) Self-employment Income Support Scheme Use this scheme if you’re self-employed or a member of a partnership and have lost income due to coronavirus. This scheme will allow you to claim a taxable grant worth 80% of your trading profits up to a maximum of £2,500 per month for…Read More

Self Employed?

So far the Government has announced measures to help those who are employed or those needing to claim SSP, along with measures to help businesses with loans and grants. We are expecting an announcement later today to offer help to those who are self employed. An amendment added to the Coronavirus Bill proposes statutory self-employment pay…Read More

Subscribe to our newsletter

Our monthly newsletter contains a round up of the latest tax news and updates of what's happening at A Hunter and Co

As a subscriber you will automatically recieve our newsletter direct to your inbox